MediCat USB aims to replace the discontinued and dated Hiren’s Boot Disk. It is geared towards modern hardware and follows the Ubuntu release cycle with a newly-updated release every 6 months.
“Can I run the PortableApps on my current PC without MediCat?”
Yes, just mount the MediCat USB,
and open Start.exe to launch the platform.
These are the same exact apps that get loaded within Mini Windows 10.
So if you update them, they will show up updated in Mini Windows 10 as well.
“Is it free?”
Absolutely. I will never charge money for MediCat, or accept donations. However,
fell free to share your ideas, questions, and concerns in this thread: tinyurl.com/medicatdvd
That’s how you can give back.
“How often will this be updated?”
Every 6 months (April and October). The links here will always be the latest version.
“This won’t fit on a DVD-R, can you make a smaller version that will fit?”
No, I cannot.
But feel free to edit the ISO with UltraISO and remove
whatever you won’t need to make it fit. I release “NAKED” builds that don’t come with any PortableApps,
so people can create their own utility USB stick with their own collection of portable applications.
“The USB stick won’t boot up, I just boot into Windows.”
Make sure your BIOS is set to boot from a USB drive first.
If using a PC with a UEFI firmware, try disabling Secure Boot,
and enable legacy/CSM booting if the option is there.
Alternatively, there’s usually an F-key Boot Menu you can bring up during POST.
(Mine is F12, yours may be F2, F9, F10, F11, F12, etc.)
MediCat USB v21.01 Benefits
Backup and Recovery, Boot Repair, Diagnostic Tools,
Partition Tools, Password Removal, Windows Recovery, …
Including Mini Windows PE, Malwarebytes, PortableApps
a lot of other applications. BIOS booting and UEFI booting supported.
- Mini Windows 10 Enterprise (WinPE)
- Lubuntu Linux
- Active@ Boot Disk
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Remove User Accounts Passwords
- Harddisk Tools
- Diagnostic Utilities (Ultimate Boot CD)
- Active@ BootDisk
- AoMei Partition Assistant
- EaseUS Partition Master
- MiniTool Partition Wizard
- Parted Magic
- Acronis True Image
- MiniTool Power Data Recovery
- EaseUS Todo Backup
- AoMei Backupper
- Symantec Ghost
- Macrium Reflect
- O&O BlueCon
- Lazesoft Recovery Suite
- SD Formatter
- Backup and Restore Drivers
- Driver Booster
- Driver Updater
- USB Flash Drive Format Tool
- Dead Pixel Tester
- Symantec Ghost
- Windows ISO Downloader
- Wise Registry Cleaner
- Dr.Web CureIt
- ESET online scanner
- Process Explorer
- Unstoppable Copier
- IObit Unlocker
- Windows Password Recovery
- Motilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- although this may be true InfraRecorder
- additionally Ant Renamer
- furthermore WinMerge
- similarly TreeSize
- correspondingly WinRAR
- comparatively FastCopy
- likewise Macrorit Data Wiper
- of course Rufus
- together with EasyBCD
- as well as EaseUS Partition Recovery
- moreover Macrorit Partition Expert
- by the same token WirelessNetView
- equally important TeamViewer
- to say nothing of KeePass
- not to mention VeraCrypt
- in the light of Avira PC Cleaner
- first, second, third Emsisoft Emergency Kit
- coupled with Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder
- in like manner Audacity
- as a matter of fact VLC media player
- not only … but also SumatraPDF
- in the first place and much more …
USB stick with a minimum of 64 GiB.
Note 1: The first thing to do is to disable any “real-time scanning”
in your antivirus software, including
Windows Defender. Otherwise,
you will have applications get deleted from your USB stick during the creation
and things won’t work properly.