This app now has official Oxford Dictionaries in 12 languages! Offline Sentence Translation is also available now! Enjoy translating totally offline of 58 languages.
It offers originally developed dictionaries of 44 languages, Collins Advanced Dictionary, WordNet Dictionary, Bilingual Sentences, Sample Sentences, Synonyms, Antonyms, Phrases, and so on.
Also, It is equipped with English articles, games, and quizzes to help you strengthen your English level.
Moreover, it is not only the most authentic English dictionary but also a powerful multiple-language translator.
The Man Who Made Dictionaries
Behind the Oxford Advanced, Learner’s Dictionary’s creation is the fascinating story of a ‘simple teacher’ with a brilliant mind, whose passion for language teaching changed the way the world learns English.
This is the story of Albert Sydney Hornby and the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary.
Discover the story of English
More than 600,000 words, over a thousand years
Welcome to OED Online. If you or your library subscribes, dive straight into the riches of the English language. If not, click on the images below to learn more about the OED, see What’s new, or take a look at Aspects of English, our language
Oxford Dictionary Features of the app
- Translate in any app with the magic translation ball. Chat freely with no borders.
- Translate between any two languages from 108 languages.
- Snap a photo with text to get it translated. Recognizes 12 languages.
- Free download of Offline Packages for 44 languages and synonyms, antonyms, phrases, English sample sentences, Collins Advanced Dictionary, and WordNet Dictionary.
- Oxford Dictionary Free download of Offline Translation Packages for 58 languages. Get the translation even when you are offline.
- Copy any word or sentence while browsing, messaging, or reading news, to get meaning instantaneously.
- Show words you choose on Lock Screen without network by accessing the offline package.
- Get the meaning in the notification bar without opening U-Dictionary.
- Save important words into different folders. Collect and revise.
- Authentic UK (British) and US (American) accent. Listen and learn.
- Collected from famous international news websites such as BBC, NPR, etc.
- Now you can read in your native language.
- Find a synonyms game and spelling games. Play and learn.
- Fully utilize your free time to learn English with ease and fun.